The Impossible Quiz

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

ALL abt Foodz on LAZY WeekEND & Monday BlueZ

I had a very blast weekend. Sat nite Dinner we decided to head to a place called Gangnam 88 Korean Bistro which is located in Solaris Mont Kiara after having a thought of Korean food since morning.

Initially I thought that it would be difficult to find this restaurant amidst hundreds of others in Solaris Mont Kiara, but I sighted it easily as they were located along the main road right above Coffee Bean which is a corner unit. At this time, parking was relatively easy for us and we got a place quite near the restaurant.Since this restaurant is located on the first floor, you would have to use the side entrance just beside Coffee Bean and take the lift to the first floor. Signages are very well placed and it makes things convenient.

The restaurant had a very cool layout. It was stylish though small. Yet, the ambiance was great with K-Pop music being played on the TV all the while. The owner, a Korean and his staff greet you unanimously once you walk in, of course the greeting was in Korean. The reception given by the owner and the staffs were very warm to the extent that they even help you with adjusting your chairs. The tables were all set with the cutlery and the moment you take your seat, cold water is served first and only then they come up with the menu. This dish was very good. We surely enjoyed this dish very much. Although the price may be slightly on the high side, still it was worth the money. I would rate this dish at 9.4/10 . A good dish to try here.


On sunday night, I have decided for a BODY MASSAGE (ONLY BACK, FEET and LEGS) at Zouk Spa. What a great mas-sager they have from China. Strong good looking men with strong Stamina. I would give them a good applause for their great job for I can sleep well that night.

I had Monday off from MONDAY BLUEs. I have decided to eat lunch with parents for I hardly spend my lunch hours with them.My Lunch at this place called Goon Wah somewhere along Old Klang Road for lunch. I've very vague idea how to get there but I know it's just nearby Seri Setia school. It's located in a quiet row of shophouses. I managed to get the phone number, so maybe you can call and ask for the proper direction.

This place served a very delicious Claypot Loh Shue Fun which he claimed better than Seng Kee in Chinatown. We gave him the liberty to order our lunch which consisted of the Claypot Loh Shue Fun (literally translated as rat tail noodle which is a type of rice noodle. In Singapore they are known as bee thai bak), Wart Tarn Hor (Cantonese for flat rice noodles in smooth egg gravy) and fried rice. I scanned around the packed shop and it seems like every table have standard order of fishhead bee hoon (rice vermicelli). When I enquired about it and we have ordered a middle portion to try out.

First to arrived on our table was the sizzling loh shue fun in a claypot. It's a dry version (unlike Seng Kee's which I think it's not fair to compare since they are of different cooking style), very much like dry fried loh shue fun but Goon Wah's one came in a claypot instead. It's not too oily and very very fragrant as in enough "wok hei" (heat of a wok). Have bits and pieces of minced meat, eggs, onions and beans sprouts in it. It was so tasty that four of us walloped the whole pot in a jiffy. We ordered a 2-pax portion which is not really enough since it was so tasty. Next time, I'm gonna have one all by myself!!!

And some other foods which I feel a bit lazy to describe further. Whooops so this place is in Kuchai Lama and not really Old Klang Road... if you're really game, do call up and ask for the direction.

Goon Wah Restaurant
G13 Jalan 3/115C, KP2, Taman Kuchai Lama
Off Jalan Kuchai Lama
Tel: 603-79820048/79840722



After a lazy rest day. I have a good brunch meet-up with my betsie colleague Little Cath Cath. We headed to Bangsar with initially planning of dinner at Plan B. We spotted Three Little Pigs and Big Bad Wolf  I have been craving for long long ago at the main entrance facing open space carpark at Bangsar Village One. Below is the Sneak Peak preview :-

No comments: